Wednesday 23 September 2009

SLRC Does Midnight Launches

Every so often I get the urge to go outside. Most of the time, however, I ignore it and go back to working at my PC, but other times I just can't shake that wanderlust and so I need to go somewhere.

On Monday night I certainly went somewhere. Specifically, I went to the official Australian midnight launch of Halo 3: ODST at my own local Westfield. Umm... because Penrith is the Australian Hub of Halo game playing, I can only assume.

I thought my experience at the event was worth some kind of retelling so I wrote it up as a piece for Kotaku AU. If you can stand the wonky back-and-forth between present and past tense I think it's a pretty cool story, and I really did get the feeling of camaraderie with some of the other gamers in line.

I see it like this - if us massive, unrepentant gamer nerds can't be ourselves when we're standing in line with 200 other excitable dudes (and a couple lasses) just like us, then where can we be? I'm totally rockin' for more midnight launches from this experience, if only to meet other strange and wonderful gamers like I did on Monday night.

Gamers are Good People.

No comments: